Wednesday, October 17, 2007

PLEASE RECYCLE!!!

I think recycling is very important. It's so easy now, too! Almost everyone is provided those recycle bins by the city, or trash companies, or whatever. We recycled when I lived in Bloomington (I still do it now, too) and it's so easy to just throw your plastics, styrofoam, glass, paper products, etc. into the recycle bin rather than the trash can. You would be suprised how much this decreases your trash! Anyway... I was looking things up (because I'm in class) and I went to this really great site, Great Green Gods, and everything on the site is recycled...but I found this table and I was really shocked... check it out and think about it!! RECYCLE!!!!

Decomposition Rates

Paper......2-4 weeks
Leaves......1-3 months
Orange Peels......6 months
Milk Carton......5 years
Plastic Bag......10-20 years
Plastic Container......50-80 years
Aluminum Can......80 years
Tin Can......100 years
Plastic Soda Bottle......450 years
Glass Bottle......500 years
Styrofoam......Never!

2 comments:

Yoli said...

Go Megan! I find a lot of people who live off campus in Bloomington go on to be come recycle fiends even if they weren't before. I'm glad it's catching!

stephanie said...

awww look at you caring about stuff.