Sunday, April 15, 2007

IU-Little 500

"Welcome to the worlds greatest college weekend!"



"I've attended Super Bowls, World Series and the Monaco Grand Prix, but the coolest event I ever attended was the Little 500." -Lance Armstrong

The Little 500 is much more than a bike race. It is the biggest intramural event on campus and the largest collegiate bike race in the United States. Going into its 57th year, the Little 500 also boasts a tradition like few other college events. More than 20,000 people attend the men's and women's races every year, with the proceeds used for working student scholarships at Indiana University. The 2007 races will allow IUSF to give away over $35,000 in scholarships to working IU students.

This week begins the infamous Little 5 Week at Indiana University. I am very upset about the fact that I don't live there anymore but I will DEFINITELY be there on Friday! I'm soo excited! GO IU!!!

2 comments:

Yoli said...

Try not to loose anyone this year...:)

Shannon said...

ahh i want to be there this weekend!!!! i hope you all have so much fun!