Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Gene's Root Beer Stand



One of my favorite things about Anderson is our hotdog stand! As of March 1st, it is open for the season and I could not be more excited about it! It is way old fashioned, too! You pull your car up under the awning and the waitresses even put your tray of food on your half-rolled-down window! It's so stinkin cute! Plus, the food is AWESOME! My favorite is a coney dog, an order of breaded mushrooms, and a frosted mug of root beer. However, since I gave up soft drinks for Lent, I haven't had any of their root beer yet and I am NOT happy about it! I just found out, tonight, that Gene's was ranked #4 in the National Root Beer Rating in 2005. I think that is very cool. Here is the list:
The 5 Best Root Beers in America for 2005, in order, are:
1. Gale’s, Chicago, Illinois (8.94)
2. Bulldog, Fresno, California (8.81)
2. 21st Street Drive-In, Paso Robles, California (8.81)
4. Gene's Root Beer, Anderson, Indiana (8.75)
4. Route 66 Malt Shop, Albuquerque, New Mexico (8.75)
Well, acutally we are tied but I figured we won 4th because our city starts with "A"!! haha This is probably the most famous Anderson has ever been, other than like negative things! Ok I know this was a long blog about food....but if you know me, you will understand this!
Ok I had some pictures that were kinda cool, but for some reason I can't upload them! so go here and look at them!
http://www.lukecole.com/Root%20Beer/Luke's%20root%20beers%20-%20Gene's.htm

4 comments:

Yoli said...

Megan, it's awesome that you get excited about Indiana stuff. I too have a soft spot for cool old-fashioned local dives. When I was a meat-eater, coney dogs were my favs too. Have one for me next time.

stephanie said...

Im pretty sure ¨Albuquerque¨ starts with an ¨A¨ aswell. wow megan, and you wanna be a teacher.

its ok i still love you

m worsham said...

hahaha i didn't even see that! that's really funny...thanks for makin me look smart steph

Emily said...

i want to go when i come this summer, i will sneak away from the students! at work i drink a rootbeer when i am having a bad day. my favorite MUG!